In this blog post, I want to discuss some house keeping challenges I am facing and how I intend to address them.
As Alex’s World keeps expanding, it becomes more and more difficult to manage and be on top of every issue. Thus, often if you come across a problem in my blog, and it isn’t rectify after awhile, There is a likely chance that I am not aware of it. If I am aware of it, I would have made some changes to fix the problem: like today, I fixed some broken links, and refactored some code to help you all share my article easily and seamlessly. For those of you who are unaware of this, I built this blog from ground up without any Content Management Systems (CMS) like Wordpress or Joomla, just for the fun of proving to myself that I can create interesting Web technologies like the big players out there. That is why my blog is never perfect.
So back to the increasing challenges I am facing to maintain the blog, I can think of three ways to address the problem.
- 1) Create a bug tracker like those available in many CMS
- This will consume lots of time and yield little productivity.
- 2) Create a create a form for people to submit issues
- This is a great idea, but it is difficult to keep my viewers in the loop.
- 3) Use what I already have/created
- So this is a hybrid idea of the first and the second idea to post a blog article (the current article that you are reading) to inform my viewers about my thoughts. You all can post the issues that you all are facing in the comments below, and I can keep everyone in the loop. Furthermore, I can keep track of the issues and not mess around with creating even more complicated tools, which may require even more maintenance.
This is what I am going to do. I will go with the third method, and I intend to do this as a yearly activity. Hence, if you are facing any issues with my blog in 2016, please post the issues as comments below. If you are wondering how you are going to find this post again some time much later, I will include a link to this post at the end of the right column as "Report Problems".
Many thanks to those of you for keeping me informed about the issues in my blog, your comments are very much appreciated.